Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Desktop Retro: Wet Paint


Dan Cunningham is back today with his latest Desktop Retro. This particular design is inspired by what could be called the coolest Walt Disney World souvenir that you could never purchase. The acquisition of a classic Wet Paint sign depended almost entirely on either the generosity of a paint brush-carrying cast member or your own stealth-based covert actions. Dan does it again with this great distressed version of that very fun design.

(Above links to 800x600)

(1024x768)

(1280x1024)

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Great desktop image Dan! I was in the right place at the right time a few years ago and found a CM painting the fence in Toontown Fair with an entire pack of Wet Paint signs. I asked him for one and he ended up giving me three. A true Magical moment for me. :-)

I ended up framing one and hanging it on the wall. Something so simple and cheap to produce, yet it's a wonderful keepsake. I wish they still made them...

Anonymous said...

Jeff, don't know if you realize this - but your post is perfectly timed with a Disney event that happened on August 9. On that day in 1946 - Disney released a Donald Duck short title ... "Wet Paint"! (read more here:http://www.thisdayindisneyhistory.com/Aug09.html)
How ironic!

Johnny Jackhammer said...

These are great, Jeff. Big thanks to Dan for posting these. They help me through my work day!

Anonymous said...

I'm an art teacher and my brother got one of these signs for me years ago. I still have it framed and hang it in my classroom every year. Great stuff Jeff and Dan!

Anonymous said...

I cleaned one of these up to look brand new. Anyone want me to post it?

Anonymous said...

Man, if I'dve known these were valuable, I'd have snagged a crapload of them when I was working to open the Disney Institute back in '95. The place was lousy with them...

Anonymous said...

Great wallpaper! I love how even the most mundane things around the Disney Parks have personality!