Sunday, April 22, 2007

Souvenirs: Pushing Buttons at EPCOT


Buttons have always been favorite souvenirs for me. I'm sure my collection numbers well into the hundreds. They're inexpensive, colorful and years later become small time capsules of memories past.

Here are a few from EPCOT Center's first decade. Most were likely purchased at the Centorium, the very EPCOT-themed shop that the larger and more all-encompassing Mouse Gear replaced a number of years ago. The one featuring Mickey with all the flags likely came from one of the two International Gateway stores.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Figment!! We don't hear enough about Figment anymore, that's great.

Lou Mongello - WDWRadio.com said...

Great collectibles!! And you're right - not only are they inexpensive, but offer an almost time-capsule like look back at WDW through the years

Anonymous said...

Those buttons bring back a lot of memories for all of us. :D

Anonymous said...

My art work focuses on my interest in souvenirs and the importance we attach to objects. Please tell me about the thing you have kept as a souvenir or reminder of a person, place, event or state of mind. It might be mundane, strange or just plain silly, but I would like to know about it. Please send details to sharesouvenirs@hotmail.co.uk Thankyou. I also have a blogsite, www.souvenirsharesite.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Mouse Gear (it's two words)

Sorry, major pet peeve of mine!

Jeffrey Pepper said...

Corrected!

Thanks, Jessica!

Jessica said...

Thanks Jeff! Sorry to correct, but as it is my "home away from home" I like to see it called by its true name. I see it misused all over the place... (you wouldn't believe the names people come up with!)

I absolutely love your site - great information! :-)