Friday, January 04, 2008

Imagineer Joyce Carlson 1923-2008

Imagineering Legend and Disney Studios veteran Joyce Carlson passed away Wednesday in her Florida home. She was 84 years old.

Joyce had no regrets of her long and illustrious career at Disney as she related in an interview with Jim Korkis from 2000:

"I always wanted to be in the creative end and I got my dream. I've still got lots of ideas and boxes and drawers filled with things and tools. Around Christmas, I get ideas and I make things out of Styrofoam. I love working with Styrofoam. I still have one of my pens from my ink-and-paint days where I can get any kind of line you want from thin to thick. I still get out into the parks. I still ride Small World.

"I like to see the smiles on the kids and parents when they go through Small World. That's what Walt wanted ... for people to be happy."

0 comments: