Saturday, November 11, 2006

Edison Square - Revisited

In my rush to get some content completed prior to leaving for Disney World, I didn’t do my homework very well on the Edison Square card for Lost Imagineering. Jeff Kurtti, author of Since the World Began-Walt Disney World The First 25 Years, provided the correct background information on this early Disneyland area concept. Here’s Jeff’s comment on the post:

“Edison Square was not a "London-themed" street, but rather an American city in transition from the gas lamp to the electric light, a celebration of the inventions and technology of the 20th century, and particularly the wonders of "the Electric Age." The idea evolved over time into Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress.”

Thanks Jeff! I promise I’ll do better next time.

0 comments: