Friday, November 16, 2007

A Tribute to Bruce Gordon

Friends of Bruce Gordon have posted a heartfelt and moving tribute to the Imagineer, author and much loved and respected Disney creative force. Gordon tragically passed away this past November 6th at a far too early age, sadly bringing to an end his distinguished and celebrated careers in numerous entertainment disciplines and endeavors. Special thanks to Jeff Kurtti, a close friend and frequent collaborator of Bruce Gordon, for sharing the link with us.

1 comments:

DisneyDave said...

I was supposed to have met Bruce at a meeting in San Francisco on November 7th.

I had seen him in person when he gave presentations at Disney collector's conventions I attended years ago. His talks were always informative and entertaining and I was looking forward to meeting with him.

The Nickel Tour, which he co-authored with his friend David Mumford, was the main reason my wife decided to collect pre-1966 Disneyland postcards.

From what I have read in various tributes, Bruce was a great guy to work with and I am saddened by his far too early passing. Disney fans will certainly miss his many contributions to our hobby. My condolences go out to his father and sister.