Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Gasoline Story That Won't Make You Cry?

Probably not . . .

Here are two different subjects that separately tend to get people's blood boiling--gasoline (as in the price of), and Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Bring them together and you have the powder keg-makings of a first rate fit of epic proportions.

Imagineers brought the two together in the form of the Fossil Fueler game featured in the Dino-Rama midway. Cleverly trading on the Chester and Hester gas station backstory, they created a distinct line of dinosaur-inspired fuels using tongue-in-cheek wordplay. Love it or hate it, it's a creative and fun tribute to both the dinosaur theme of the area and filling station marketing of a bygone era.

2 comments:

Craig Wheeler said...

The more I think about DinoLand, the more I just can't figure out why they chose this theming...but also the more I realize that this is an incredibly well-themed area. It doesn't seem that the Imagineers have overlooked anything.

More little details to appreciate...

Unknown said...

Dinoland really grew on me during my last trip. I was fortunate to spend time with Jeff and Jessica at MouseFest and the mini-tour was an eye-opener.

I love the kitschy Americana and the way it all ties nicely into Dinosaur and the Dino Institute.