Sunday, May 04, 2008

Congratulations . . . Again!

I am very happy and excited to announce that Amanda Chin, Victoria Gatarz, Emily Jarosiewicz, and Valentina Pannullo have been awarded First Place in the New Jersey History Day competition held this past Saturday. I had previously reported the girls' successful performance in the regional competition last month under the guidance of their teacher Christy Viszoki. As I noted then, for their subject they chose to focus on the controversy that surrounded Disney's America, the unrealized theme park that had been conceptualized for an area in northern Virginia just outside of the nation's capital. Their project, an exhibit entitled "Disney's America Exposed," will now be entered in the National History competition to be held next month in Washington D.C.

I continue to be very proud to have been a part of the girls research efforts and I wish them the very best of luck in the national competition!

0 comments: