Thursday, July 19, 2007

Desktop Retro: Walt Disney World


2719 Hyperion reader and graphic designer Dan Cunningham made the very generous offer to share with us a wonderful desktop he designed. Dan transports us back in time to Walt Disney World's first decade with this beautiful, retro-inspired wallpaper. This particular graphic was iconic to anyone who visited the Resort during the 1970s. Big thanks to Dan for allowing us to dress up our screens with a little bit of true Walt Disney World nostalgia.

(Above will link to 800x600)


(1024x768)

(1280x1024)

7 comments:

Lou Mongello - WDWRadio.com said...

Love it!!! Just became the new background on my laptop! (it was time to get rid of the Hochberg dartboard image anyway)

Can you keep more of these coming??!! :)

Great job! Thanks!!!

John Dedeke said...

Possibly my favorite WDW background of all time.

Should I be worried that my level of adoration for that old font rivals my fascination with the resort itself? ;)

Thanks for sharing, Dan (and Jeff)!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Just wow. I am with Lou. New wallpaper instantly. Great job!

Steve Tanner at Magical Trash said...

Excellent. Thanks for sharing. Wouldn't mind more like this. :)

Dan said...

WOW!!! I just saw this went up... thanks to everyone for the nice comments, and to Jeff for posting them!

I will be glad to do some more of these, so everyone check back in to 2719 Hyperion for more desktops and for ALL the great daily postings!

Anonymous said...

Love the desktop. I'm with John. I love that old font. Childhood memories for sure.

Kimberly @ kimberussell.com said...

Oh, wow! I love this wallpaper...it reminds me of my first trip to WDW back in 1979.

Thank you for providing it, and I love your site! (which I heard about through the WDW Radio Show podcast)