Friday, September 30, 2011

Winnie the Pooh . . . and Nessie Too!


It was exceptionally well-reviewed, modestly successful (considering that it was overshadowed by a certain boy wizard) but certainly not exactly what you would call high-profile.  And I must admit with some embarrassment that I didn't rush out to see it; in fact, I didn't see it at all.  In the last few years I have been less enchanted with my local cineplex and much more comfortable with my own home theater system, and sadly, Pooh had to suffer as a result.  But thankfully, Winnie the Pooh, Disney's most recent animated feature, arrives October 25 in any number of home entertainment options.


I am very excited to see it, especially as it is a return to the director's chair for Stephen Anderson, who impressed me greatly with Meet the Robinsons.  And the film's return to the artistic style of the original Winnie the Pooh shorts is especially welcome.  In regard to the Blu-ray/DVD set, a very notable inclusion is the animated short, The Ballad of Nessie.  Also featured is a brand new Pooh short entitled The Ballon, and a retrospective, Winnie the Pooh and His Story Too, hosted by John Cleese.

2 comments:

Cory Gross said...

FUnny, I had planned on seeing Pooh as well, exclusively for Nessie, but didn't get around to it. Or more accurately, the date request was politely declined >_<

Since it's really Nessie that I'm interested in, I'll have to see if I can borrow this from someone.

Anonymous said...

The pooh film is well done, but very slight. The Nessie short is truly awful on every level.