Monday, November 14, 2011

Featured on Storyboard: The Very Sad Story of Bobby Driscoll

I am back on Storyboard again this week, the official blog of the Walt Disney Family Museum.  The article showcased is Once You've Grown Up You Can Never Come Back, and tells the tragic story of actor Bobby Driscoll, Walt Disney's very first contract player.  As noted in the introduction to the article, "There are many who suspect that these sad events forever informed the way that Walt and his staff managed their juvenile contract players—and played a more active and supervisory role in their transition out of Studio contracts and into adult lives."


5 comments:

Mark Sheldon said...

By far the darkest thing I've read in a while in connection to Disney, but an interesting read.

weepstah said...

Jeff,

I think Bobby's story would make a great movie. It's unfortunate yet very compelling.

Connie Moreno said...

I agree, it would make a very good movie.

daisy said...

I've only just learnt about Bobby Driscoll today and have been fascinated with his sad life story.

Chris said...

I am a HUGE fan of Bobby Driscoll. I saw Song of the South in the theaters in the mid to late 70's and about 9 years ago purchased a copy of it on VHS. It is very sad what his ultimate outcome was after his rise to stardom with Disney.